Saturday, February 1, 2014

Amherst Railway Society Show 2014 #1

Woodland Scenics sponsors three free make and take clinics each day of the Amherst Railway Society show.  This year I had the pleasure of assisting Fran and Miles Hale of Model Railroad University with the clinics.



I have never attended the Amherst show before, and have never been a part of a make and take clinic that included children.  We did a clinic on trees, one on scenery, and one on building a plastic structure each day.

The classes are limited to 50 people, and I think we had over 40 for all but one of the clinics.

See that empty chair, that was mine.  A mom and four children, with no experience kept me busy, but we had five complete buildings two hours later.

I also spent some time at the Afinia 3D printer table, where they had 2 printers running all day, both days.  And yes, that is my HO scale smokehouse on the flier.  

I did not spent much money at the show, but I did get a few things, but I will save that for next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment