Sunday, August 11, 2013

Fire station update 1.1, interior details

I had several requests to make the "running gear rack", I wondered what it was called, available to others, which is not a problem.  It is something I designed, and printed myself, so all I had to do was figure a selling price.  I also want to make certain people understand what they are getting for their hard earned money.  With that in mind, here are some additional pictures, with measurements.

It looks like each set will be $2.00 including any taxes.  I will put them in a zip lock bag, and wrap them in bubble wrap, stick them in an envelope, and drop them in the mail.  Postage and handling $1.00 to North America (I am not in this to get rich) for how ever many you want.  If you will email me at kent.hurley AT rocketmail DOT com, and I will email you a paypal invoice.  If you want to send me a check, we can do that too, just email me.

Scale wise, these are HO scale, and, if you look at the pictures with the product still on the carrier from the print, the holes on the carrier are .10 inches, center to center.

Here is an extreme close up of the running gear rack.  In the case of this particular model, one could never get this close up view when the model is assembled. 

 Another view from a slightly different angle,

Here is a screen shot of what is being sent to the printer.  The print area is about 5" square, so I can print several of these at the same time.  As I recall, each one takes over 30 minutes to print.

If you would like to see a quick one minute video of these being printed, here is a link to the youtube video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef06wz58oLE

Here is what it looks like when it come out of the printer.  Since every item I print is going to be painted, I print almost everything in natural ABS, which is hard to photograph.   I recommend priming before final painting, and there will be some flaws to fill or file and sand.

This is the same print, but I coated the parts with and alcohol and ink solution to show the detail better.  I will be including extra boots.  As you can clearly see, one of them came loose during the printing process, and they are small and easy to drop. Note the holes in the toes of the boots that will need filed; I just used a dab of paint.

Soooo, here is what you get, with few more boots, for your $2.00.  I will take them off the raft material, so what you see is what you get. 


No comments:

Post a Comment