From woodlandscenics.com, and picture of the parts.
Most of their kits are will thought out, but one usually has to bend a few metal parts to get them to fit. I did not use the wire they supplied for the rope, I used a piece of thread, so Tommy can actually swing. I also used heavier beams under the treehouse than came with the kit.
Otherwise, pretty much assembled as per the instructions, not that I read them. The lighting makes the tree look like it has a little bit too much shine. I guess I will try some more dull coat.
Again I replaced the wire with some thread. I also cut a hole in the base under the outhouse, since it has to go somewhere.
Looks like I need to put a touch of rust on those hinges, I always miss something. I guess that is what the pictures are for.
My method for making the metal look somewhat like wood is three to four simple steps. First I prime the metal with an automotive primer, usually Rust-Oleum. Then I put on a base coat of wood color, a tan craft paint, sometimes rattle can tan. After that is completely dry, I put on a wash of alcohol and ink. Sometimes I leave it at that. It the casting has good grain in it, that may be enough. But, depending on how it looks and the final look I am trying to achieve, I may dry brush the wood with white, brown or multiple colors.
I have just about every one of the Woodland Scenics metal kits, so there will be many more weekends spent building them. Besides, I need on a windmill for my hog farm.
The only previous post in this series: http://nvrr49.blogspot.com/2013/11/machine-shop-woodland-scenics.html
Thank you for following along!