The skylights came out really clear, and fit the frame just fine.
The frame were 3D printed using copper infused PLA, more on that in a later post, the copper is really cool, but I have not found a lot of uses for it yet. And yes, it is real copper, so it can be naturally patinaed. Polishing it, I have not figured out yet.
I also 3D printed the forms for the bubble to be Vac-U-Formed. Since six would fit on the Vac-U-Form, that is what I made. I coated four of the forms with XTC-3D from Smooth-On to help hide the laying of the 3D print. More on that later too.
Using the same parameters that I learned from previous experience, I was able to get the skylight bubbles made on the first try. I trimmed them to fit the frames with scissors, and popped them together.
They are a scale 5' square. This was just for a line side tool and maintenance shed, so the copper frames are really to high dollar for the structure, but I was just having fun.
I am sure I will be using more skylights now.
Just test fitting at this point, but really happy with the way they came out.
I will post more on this building, and more on the copper PLA in the coming weeks. I need a rock tumbler or vibratory tumbler to polish the copper, by hand is way too much work.