Monday, January 21, 2013

More 3D printed items I designed and had printed at shapeways.com

I am building an HO scale small engine repair shop, and I need some 1949 era lawn mowers.  I could not find any, so I made my own.  Here is the first one I did.  I used an N scale tractor and designed and printed an HO scale seat, steering wheel and mower deck.  To the right is the N scale tractor and the parts as they came from shapeways.
Here are a couple pictures of the complete model with the twin blade deck.
Another project I am working on is a round ice cream store.  The idea came from an article in Railroad Model Craftsman.  The round portion is an old pill bottle.  I drew the awning and windows to fit the curve of the bottle, in this case, a 2.625" diameter. 
There are many times when I think of something that would be fun to print, and then realize it would be easier to just build if from styrene or wood.  These where items that were easier to design and print than building from little pieces.  Next I will have some structure details.

No comments:

Post a Comment