Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am a dull boy

All work and no play.
I attended the Turkey Creek model railroad meet this past weekend, and I had a great time talking with my friends from Southwest Missouri.

I have not had much time to model in the last few months, but I have gotten a few things done. This depressed center flat car is scratch built from styrene. I used Tichy brake stands and brass ladder stock. The tie down loops are from Kadee coupler pockets.
I think this is a Silver Streak kit? OK, I could go look at the box, but really, what does it matter. I assembled this per the kits instructions. I used Model Flex Paint for the interior and ends, the sides come painted and lettered.

This six dome tank car is a Thomas kit I bought off ebay already assembled. It needed some paint touch up and straightening of some parts. but it turned out nice.


This kitbash is from the 3 in 1 series from Roundhouse. This kit was designed by Gerry Dombroski and he sent me the kit parts he had. His web site is http://kitbash.ourpage.com/index-linked.htm and is a wealth of information regarding this series of now discontinued kits.
I have several dioramas in the works, so hopefully I will get some time to get back to model railroading.

















No comments:

Post a Comment