Monday, April 27, 2009


Multi-tasking tonight. Watching the Royals and modeling.

I need some help on this one. Other than the fact that it is a Gilbert model and it is cast metal, I really don't know how to finish. Anybody with some instructions or pictures of finished please let me know, as I would like to have a copy. Note that the second panel from each end looks to be a door of some sort, or at least it is different than the other panels.

I believe this a a Varney. It is stamped sheet metal, that I weathered to add a little realism.

This is one of my favorites. It is a Megow kit, paper sides laminated to styrene, added top flange and posts also in styrene. Replaced the wooded bottom with 1/8" steel and glued scibed styrene to make a floor.

This Red Ball kit was assembled per the instructions, but I added detail parts based upon pictures of similar prototypes.

This is a Red Ball paper wrapper kit. I tried to match the orange color on the ends and painted the underframe black.

No comments:

Post a Comment