Thursday, December 24, 2020

Just for Giggles #9, HO details

Some odds and ends I have been working on.



Bleachers

I designed these for a friend. I did some simple internet research to get the standard dimensions, and then played around with some of the cross sections until I was able to get a good 3D print.

I used wood for the benches, but if you are modeling a more modern era, styrene strip painted aluminum would be more appropriate. 


Ships Boiler

I based this on a boiler for a large ship.  But then it turned out to be too large to fit on a flat car as an open load.  So I scaled it down to fit an HO scale flat car.


Drawn in SketchUp, it was easy to resize.  I broke it up into two pieces for optimum 3D printing.



Wood Water Tanks

This is a kit from Built Rite Models, a small water tower.

A nice simple one evening wood craftsman kit.  It is available in HO and O scale and could be used in any number of scenes.


Traffic cones

I did a little Internet research to get standard sizes.   I drew several different sizes in SketchUp, and

printed out a bunch of them.


A great addition to a street scene.


No comments:

Post a Comment