Monday, February 9, 2015

Wichita Train Show 2015

This story starts on the way to the Wichita Train show, at Hobby Depot in Topeka.  Whenever I am in the area, I always stop by to see what they have.  Believe it or not, I found just what I was looking for.  I have built, well, it is mostly built, a crane tender car for an HOn30 crane.  The problem is, I don't have a crane to go with it.  I have been looking for a crane I could cut up, and make work in HOn30.  N scale cranes look to small and flimsy to be HO scale.  The HO standard gauge ones are just too big, but if I could pick one up cheap, then I could cut it down. 

So guess what I found in a junk box at Hobby Depot...just what I was looking for!  This will make for a fun project and a future blog entry.
http://www.hobbydepottopeka.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheHobbyDepot/

This is a picture from the Wichita Train show.  On one of the FreeMo modules, there was the same crane that had been adapted for use in a scrap yard scene.  

Good information for me when it comes to building the cab for my HOn30 crane.

I DID NOT get builder names on most of the models pictured below, but if you know who they belong to, and let me know, I will edit this post accordingly. 

Part of the FreeMo modules.

Lots of lighting, well done.

They were not running the wing train, but I understand it was there, wish I could have seen it run.



I was not the only one taking pictures.



I really liked the track plan on this layout.  Simple...and yet two commuter trains were running.  They also had a Z scale layout.

I am new to video's, so we will see how these upload.  A scene of Japan, as I recall.  Just neat stuff....N scale.


Apology in order here, I had the modelers name, but cropped it out and lost it.  Help if you can.  There were two On30 modules, this being one, that were connected together.  This one featured a mine on the upper level, and this station along with a plethora of other details on the lower level.

 Just one of the scenes.

And the mine.

The other module was by Mark Fisher, see I did get one name, and it featured a logging and sawmill operation.


Video of the trains.

Video of the Sawmill.

I also what to thank the Chisholm Trail Division of the NMRA for allowing me to present a clinic on 3d Printing at their fine event.

No comments:

Post a Comment