Friday, May 13, 2011

Four Wheel Caboose

Nathan the Caboose
This is the second one of these I have built. This one, although based on the same Ye Olde Huff-n-puff kit as the previous one, uses very few of the kit parts. I scratch built the underframe from solid brass to git it lots of weight, and built the wall and roof out of styrene sheet so that the shell is removable. The end platforms are brass casting from Precision Scale. The roof for cupola is from the kit as are the windows, doors, stove roof vent and the roof beacon. For the interior detail, I used an Alpine Models kit, along with various pieces of wood and grab irons. As for the road number, that is the date of birth of my younger son, Nathan. The previous four wheel caboose was numbered for my older son, and that model one several model contests. This one, since it includes the interior details and is mostly scratch built, should get close to enough points to get an NMRA Merit award, should I ever get around to taking the time to write it up.

Until next time.
























No comments:

Post a Comment