Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Latest kits

Some of these I started years ago, and just got around to finishing them.
This is an Athearn kit with Champ decals, mostly one letter at a time. Other than changing the dome platform, and, obviously, painting, this is a basic kit.
HOn3...not to many people will recognize this gondola. It is a Roco military trailer that I converted to a railroad car. Got the idea from an old magazine article.
Another basic old Athearn kit with change of the platform dome. Champ lettering set with each letter individually applied.
This is an AHM model of a European prototype. I painted an lettered it, but I still need to add some details...just not sure what. Send me any ideas.
This is a stamped metal kit that I purchased from the River Road. I converted it to automatic couplers, touched up some of the black paint and dull coated. Otherwise, it is original.
This certainly looks like a stock Athearn model, but it is not Athearn. I don't know what brand it is, as I can find no markings. It is a stock item, and the tank looks like Athearn, but the underframe is not theirs. Any ideas?
This is another of the stamped metal kits from the River Road. I dull coated, added automatic couplers, and left the rest stock.
Guess what brand this kit is?
National Car Cast. As far as I know, it is the only kit they ever produced. This was a flat plastic kit produced in Canada. I still have the letter size envelope that it came in. They just supplied the two sides and two ends. There was an article in one of the magazines, probably late 80's or early 90's about the kit, so I ordered one. I still need to put a car number on it, but I will have to do some research to find the correct numbers.
I have enough material for a couple more blog posts, so I hope to get to at least one of them later this week. I have one on kitbashes I recently finished and one on what I am currently working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment